Dito Yuwono is a young contemporary photographer from MES56 artist collective. He graduated in 2010 from Mass Communication of Atma Jaya Yogyakarta University. In 2011, he co-founded an independent space that aims to build a supportive and positive environment for young artists – Lir Space, Yogyakarta. Dito’s artistic practice is varied between photography, mix-media installation, video and performance. Dito is especially interested in working with community and recollecting memories to find the link between memory-citizen-history. His work often serves as a form of storytelling using personal approach to subtly grasp the bigger picture of socio-political environment. The artist is now living and working in Yogyakarta. Some of his latest solo projects are “Have We Met?” (2011), “Finding Stillness” (2012), “The Memories of Unidentified Experience” (2014), and “Recollecting Memories: Tukang Foto Keliling”(2013-now).
– “Recollecting Memory: Tukang Foto Keliling (Itinerant Photographer), Ruang Rupa, Jakarta – Indonesia, 2015
– “The Memories of Unidentified Experience”, Kedai Kebun Forum, Yogyakarta – Indonesia, 2014.
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITION
– “The Creatures from the Black Lagoon”, Group Exhibition, Mayfair Gallery, Darwin – Australia
– “Seni Indonesia Berkabung”, Group Exhibition, Pusat Kebudayaan Koesnadi
Hardjasoemantri, Yogyakarta – Indonesia
– “Poetry of Space”,Group Exhibition, Kedai Kebun Forum, Yogyakarta – Indonesia.
– “Manifesto No. 4”, Group Exhibition, National Gallery of Indonesia, Jakarta – Indonesia.
– August 2015, Selected as 30 finalists of Bandung Contemporary Art Award #4 (BaCAA #4), Bandung.
– July 2011, Selected as one of three artist awarded by 3Point Award and Ruang Mes 56, Yogyakarta.