Dates: Jan 5th to 13th, 2016
Venue: Goethe-Institut, Chennai
Photographers and artists working with the photographic medium are invited to participate in the Urban Water workshop organised as part of the Chennai Photo Biennale. The workshop will be mentored by a team of celebrated mentors; Munem Wasif from Bangladesh and Ravi Agarwal from India. The central theme of the workshop is to explore the various problems and realities that surround the water situation in Chennai. Participants will be expected to work over the course of a week to create a body of images under the tutelage of the mentors. The final submissions will be curated by the mentors and will be exhibited in a large format exhibition in a public space.
All participants will receive a full scholarship that will enable them to travel to Chennai and attend the workshop. 10 emerging photographers have already been preselected by the mentors. 2 scholarships are available via Open Call.
Selected photographers will receive the following:
1. Rs 6000 as reimbursement for travel to and from Chennai
2. Accommodation on a twin-sharing basis in a basic yet comfortable accommodation near the workshop venue
3. Rs 10,000 stipend per participant to cover meals and local expenses.
4. The participants’ works will be included in final exhibition at no cost
1. Submit a body of work of 10-15 images. Files should be 1200 pix on the long edge and 100 dpi, in JPEG format with your NameSurname in the filename. ex. VarunGupta_01.JPG
2. Submit a brief Resume/CV
3. Submit a short statement of purpose, max 500 words, explaining what you expect to gain from this workshop
4. Send all of the above to ‘[email protected]
Deadline : December 15th, 2015
Selected participants will be informed via email no later than December 20th. Look forward to seeing some interesting work!